Effective Date: April 20, 2020
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect
- Why We Collect Information
- How Do We Share Your Information?
- Third-Party Content and Links to Other Sites
- Ads and Your Information
- Your Rights and Choices About the Information We Collect
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Policy on Collection of Social Security Numbers and Social Insurance Numbers
- Protecting the Privacy of Minors
- Do Not Track Disclosures
- Visitors from the United Kingdom and European Economic Area
- Contact Us
- Personal Information collected through our Careers website;
- Any Sites or Services that post separate online privacy policies;
- Data collection activities that occur outside the Channels or Services;
2. Information We Collect
We may obtain the categories of Personal Information described below through the Channels, including from the following categories of sources.
a. Information You Provide to Us
On our Site or through our Services, we may ask you to provide us with or we may otherwise collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Your contact information (such as first and last name, phone number, email address, and postal address) for you or others (e.g., principals in your business);
- Contact information you provide about other people that you refer to us;
- Information used to create online accounts, such as username and password;
- Certain biographical or demographic information (such as date of birth, age, gender, and job title/position);
- Information relating to your Internet activity (such as IP address, browsing actions, usage patterns, and device information), as more fully described below;
- Inferences about you, such as your preferences; and
- Other information you submit to us, such as through our “Contact Us” feature.
We may also collect Personal Information when you:
- Create or register for an account or otherwise save your information with us on our Site;
- Sign up or request to be placed on our mailing, SMS/text and/or email marketing lists;
- Participate in a survey;
- Submit a posting on our Site that is viewable by us, and/or the general public; and/or
- Otherwise interact with us through the Site or Service.
b. Information From Third-Party Sources
We may also obtain certain Personal Information about you from third-party sources, such as: our clients and customers or prospective clients and customers; our Affiliates and subsidiaries; our service providers; and other third parties, such as lead generation partners, and other advertising, promotional and joint marketing partners. We receive this information from third parties to help us provide and improve the Site and Services and for marketing and advertising. We may supplement the information that you provide with information that we receive from third parties.
c. General Browsing As You Access and Use the Service
In addition to any Personal Information or other information that you choose to submit to us via the Site or the Services, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Site or the Services (“ Usage Information ”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “ Device ”) whenever you visit or interact with our Sites or the Services. To the extent we associate Usage Information with your Personal Information we collect directly from you on the Site or the ServiceS, we will treat it as Personal Information unless we have disclosed otherwise.
This Usage Information may include:
- your IP address, UDID or other unique identifier (“ Device Identifier ”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Site or the Services, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier;
- your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- the URL that referred you to our Site or Services;
- the areas within our Site or Service that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- your Device location;
- your Device characteristics; and
- certain other Device data, including the time of day, among other information.
We may use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information (“ Tracking Technologies ”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. The Tracking Technologies we use on our Sites and other Services may include the following (and subsequent technology and methods later developed):
- Cookies . A cookie is a file placed on a Device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information on your Device. Our Site may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies and other types of cookie technology to store information on local storage.
- Web Beacons . A Web Beacon is a small tag (which may be invisible to you) that may be placed on our Site’s pages and messages.
- Embedded Scripts . An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links that you may click.
- ETag . An ETag or entity tag is a feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL.
- Browser Fingerprinting . Collection and analysis of information from your Device, for example, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification.
- Recognition Technologies . Technologies that include application of statistical probability to data sets, which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user).
We use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
- To allow you to use and access our Site and Service;
- To prevent fraudulent activity and improved security functionality or to allow you to make use of other Site functionality;
- To assess the performance of the Site for analytic purposes or otherwise to improve our Services offered through the Site;
- To offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the Site, including identifying you when you signin to our Site, keeping track of your specified preferences or to track your online activities over time and across third-party sites; and
- To deliver ads and other content which may be of interest to you on our Site as well as thirdparty sites, based on how you interact with the ads or other content on the Site.
Internet browsers also provide help pages relating to cookie management. Below are links to the help pages for the most common internet browsers:
e. Information We Collect When You Interact with Third-Party Sites
f. Information You Provide About a Third Party
You may send someone else a communication from the Site or using the Services, such as sending posting to a friend. In addition, you may send us information regarding someone else. If so, the information you provide (names, e-mail addresses, etc.) is used to facilitate the communication and is not used by us for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person or we explicitly say otherwise. Please be aware that when you use any send-to-a-friend functionality on our Site or Service, your contact information, name or user name and message may be included in the communication sent to your addressee(s). Some of these tools may be third-party tools subject to third-party privacy policies.
g. Anonymized Information
3. Why We Collect Your Information
We may use your Personal Information or Usage Information for the following purposes:
- Helping to establish and verify the identity of visitors to the Site or users of the Services;
- Opening, maintaining, administering and servicing accounts on our Site or through our Services;
- Communicating transaction opportunities and related communications;
- Providing the Services;
- Improving the Site, including performing usage analytics and tailoring to your preferences;
- Providing you with updates to the Services and other important updates;
- Responding to your questions, inquiries, comments, complaints and instructions; and
- Maintaining the security and integrity of our systems, including the Site.
4. How Do We Share Your Information?
(a) When You Request Information From Third Parties. You may be presented with an option on our Site or through our Services to receive certain information and/or marketing offers directly from third parties, or to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it for the purpose of providing information to you. If you choose to do so, your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed to such third parties, and the disclosed information will also be subject to the privacy policies and practices of those third parties. In addition, third parties may store, collect or otherwise have access to your information when you interact with their Tracking Technologies, content, tools apps or ads on our Sites or link to them from our Site or Services. This may include using third-party tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or other third-party posting or content sharing tools. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties; therefore, you should review carefully the privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to requesting information from or otherwise interacting with them.
(b) Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf . We may use third-party service providers to perform certain services on behalf of us or the Site, such as (i) assisting with the Site operations, (ii) hosting the Site, (iii) designing and/or operating the Site’s features, (iv) tracking the Site’s activities and analytics, and (v) enabling us to send you special offers or perform other administrative services. We may provide these service providers with access to user information, including Device Identifiers and Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing.
(d) Affiliates and Business Transfer. Subject to applicable law, we may share your information, including your Device Identifiers and Personal Information, and Usage Information with our affiliated companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and other companies under our common control (“ Affiliates ”). We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Site or Service or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including during the course of any due diligence process.
5. Third-Party Content and Links to Other Sites
6. Ads and Your Information
You may see certain ads on other websites because we participate in advertising networks administered by third parties. These networks track your online activities over time and across third party websites and online services by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of the Tracking Technologies described above, and they use this information to show you advertisements that are tailored to your individual interests. The information they collect includes information about your visits to our Site, such as the pages you have viewed. This collection and ad targeting takes place both on our Site and on third-party websites that participate in the ad network. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
7. Your California Privacy Rights
a. Your Information
- Information We Collect – to review what information we collect and where we get it from
- Why We Collect Your Information – to review how we use your Personal Information
- How Do We Share Your Information? – to review who has access to your Personal Information
b. Your Rights Under California Law
If you are a California resident, subject to applicable law, you have the following rights under California law with respect to your Personal Information:
- Right to Know. You have the right to request what Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, and/or sell, as applicable.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information that is collected or maintained by us.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of the privacy rights described above.
You may also authorize someone to exercise the above rights on your behalf. When this individual submits a request, they will need to indicate on the webform or during the phone call that they are authorized to do so on your behalf, and supply us with evidence of this authorization; we will not fulfill a request submitted by a third party related to your Personal Information until we have received confirmation of your authorization for that individual to submit a request on your behalf. If we have collected information on your minor child, you may exercise the above rights on behalf of your minor child.
The above rights are subject to our being able to reasonably verify your identity and authority to make these requests. These rights are also subject to various exclusions and exceptions under applicable laws. We will verify your identity by matching information you provide in your request with the information in our systems; and by requiring you to respond to an automated email sent to your email address upon submitting a request.
If you are a California resident and wish to exercise these rights, please reach us in one of the following ways:
- Interactive webform accessible here .
- By calling us, toll-free, at 1 (888) 651-2032
Daymon Worldwide Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
18100 Von Karman Avenue, Suite 900
Irvine, CA 92612
8. Your Rights and Choices About the Information We Collect
Individuals in certain jurisdictions have certain rights under applicable data protection law. Rights specific to California residents are described in Section 7 . Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to, modification or correction of, or deletion of certain of your Personal Information that we maintain, and how that information has been used or disclosed. In addition, you may also have the right to direct Daymon not to sell certain of your Personal Information that we have collected or will collect about you.
To exercise your rights, you may contact us as at [email protected] or at the mailing address noted below. As permitted by law, certain data elements may not be subject to access, modification, correction, and/or deletion. Furthermore, where permissible, we may charge for this service. We will respond to reasonable requests as soon as practicable and as required by law. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity in order to respond to your request.
Applicants can update or change your contact information by logging into your account and making changes in your Profile Settings.
If you would like to stop receiving newsletters or other marketing or promotional messages, notifications, or updates from us, you may do so by following the unsubscribe instructions that appear in these e-mail communications. Alternatively, you may opt-out of marketing e-mails from Daymon by taking any one of the following actions:
- Send an e-mail with your request and current information to [email protected]; or
- Send a request in writing with your current information to:
Daymon Worldwide Inc.
Attn: Corporate Communications
18100 Von Karman Avenue, Suite 1000
Irvine, CA 92612
Please be advised that you may not be able to opt-out of receiving certain service or transactional messages from us, including legal notices.
9. Policy on Collection of Social Security Numbers and Social Insurance Numbers
We collect US Social Security numbers (“SSNs”) for lawful purposes in accordance with applicable law, including to process financing documents, and have established a policy to protect and maintain the confidentiality of SSNs. We implement commercially reasonable administrative, technical and organizational safeguards and controls designed to protect and secure SSNs and prevent the unlawful disclosure and protect against unauthorized access. In addition, access to SSNs is limited to authorized employees and third parties with a need to know and who are under an obligation of confidentiality.
10. Protecting the Privacy of Minors
We recognize the importance of children’s safety and privacy. Our Sites and Services are not designed to attract children and are not intended for use by any children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly request or collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. We are a general audience Site and Service and do not use the Site to collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you are under 16 years of age, you are not permitted to use the Site and should not send any information about yourself to us through the Site.
In the event that we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 16, we will take steps to dispose of that information as permitted by law and in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and other applicable laws and regulations. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of 16 has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us at [email protected]
11. Do Not Track Disclosures
Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals). Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms.
12. Visitors to the Site from the United Kingdom and European Economic Area
We process your Personal Information under the following legal bases:
- Our legal obligations . We may need to process your Personal Information to comply with relevant laws, and regulatory requirements, or to respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal processes.
- Our legitimate interests . We process your Personal Information:
- To facilitate communication between you and the Site, or carry out actions you request;
- For the security and safety of the Site, any technology connected to the Site, and visitors to the Site;
- To detect and prevent fraud;
- To protect and defend our rights and property or that of others;
- To manage and administer the Site, including analyzing web traffic and utilizing web analytics solutions.
- To perform a contract . We will process your Personal Information in connection with your requests or any contracts which you enter with us.
The following rights are provided to residents of the UK or EEA under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), subject to certain conditions:
- Right to Know. You have the right to request what personal information we collect and process.
- Right to Access. You have the right to request access to, or copies of, the personal information we process in a portable format.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, subject to legal and other obligations.
- Right to Correction . You have the right to request corrections to any inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Right to Object . You have the right to object, with legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information, subject to legal and other obligations.
- Right to Restrict Processing . You have the right to request we restrict the processing of your personal information in certain situations.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint : You have the right to file a complaint with your applicable data protection authority, which can be located here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm .
If you are a resident of the UK or EEA and wish to exercise these rights, please use our interactive webform, accessible here .
We implement technical and organizational safeguards designed to help protect and secure your Personal Information. We have taken steps to ensure that only our personnel and contractors who are granted access to your Personal Information are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
Please note, however, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Site.
15. Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices, or if you have questions or concerns, please contact us by e-mail at privac[email protected] or by mail using the details provided below:
Daymon Worldwide Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
18100 Von Karman Avenue, Suite 900
Irvine, CA 92612